OKB (not okblacke) wrote:
Stef Mientki wrote:
import Module1
d:\data_python_25\pylab_works\module1.py(3)<module>()
-> print "hello"
(Pdb)

Then we know if PDB is really the culprit.

So pdb is the problem.

        Yep, it does the same thing for me.

Apart from that, is that really a problem that the filenames are
all lower case? AFAIK Windows is case-insensitive regarding
filenames anyway. So opening the file by just passing the filename
should work seamless.
Yes windows is,
but Python is not.
My program should run on Windows and Linux (and maybe a few
others). By converting everything to lowercase, on Linux I can't
distinguishes between 2 files with the same name but a different
case (btw, giving 2 files the same name, only differing in case,
looks like a bad idea to me).

Hmmm, but I don't understand what you're doing here. Are you somehow storing the filename that pdb outputs and you need to use it later on a potentially different OS? If the case is preserved in pdb on linux, then presumably running it on linux will be fine, right? It's only a problem if you somehow try to use a filename created by windows-
pdb to open a file (the same file, somehow) on linux.

1. I've a multitab editor.
2. When a breakpoint is reached,
3. I check if the file specified in pdb output, is already open in one of the editor tabs,
4. if not, I open a new tab with the correct file,
5. I focus the correct editor tab and jump to the line specified by pdb.
6. After that I should be able to inspect the surrounding of the breakpoint, so I need the modules name.

For 3 I need to compare filenames, the editor contains the case sensitive name, pdb not. For 6 I also need the case sensitive filename, but probably there's another way to get the modules name.

For 3, I can indeed compare the lowercase version of both,
probably I'll do that for the moment.

thanks guys for the suggestions
Stef