I am planing to develop a desktop application which would have
some usage, but also it should be able to comunicate to a web
server which hosts a php web application. So I wanted to ask
if someone has some expirience with connecting PHP
webapplications with Python desktop applications. Could
someone at leaset point me to the right direction where to
look for informations.

Assuming you've already done the desktop application part (that's google'able), you're just interested in Python web-service utilization. You omit details of your PHP interface, whether it's REST or SOAP. If it's a RESTful interface, you can just use the batteries-included urllib/urllib2[1] to request the page you want, and then use the resulting data. If it's a SOAP interface, you can use the methods described at [2] to interact with it.

-tkc

[1]
http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/module-urllib.html
http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/module-urllib2.html