On Oct 25, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Michael Sparks wrote:

Glenn Linderman wrote:

In the module multiprocessing environment could you not use shared
memory, then, for the large shared data items?

If the poshmodule had a bit of TLC, it would be extremely useful for this, since it does (surprisingly) still work with python 2.5, but does need a
bit of TLC to make it usable.

http://poshmodule.sourceforge.net/

Last time I checked that was Windows-only. Has that changed?

The only IPC modules for Unix that I'm aware of are one which I adopted (for System V semaphores & shared memory) and one which I wrote (for POSIX semaphores & shared memory).

http://NikitaTheSpider.com/python/shm/
http://semanchuk.com/philip/posix_ipc/

If anyone wants to wrap POSH cleverness around them, go for it! If not, maybe I'll make the time someday.

Cheers
Philip