On Dec 22, 3:26 am, "James Mills" <prolo...@shortcircuit.net.au>
wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Kottiyath <n.kottiy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >   Is it a good idea to use Twisted inside my application, even though
> > it has no networking part in it?
> >   Basically, my application needs lots of parallel processing - but I
> > am rather averse to using threads - due to myraid issues it can cause.
> > So, I was hoping to use a reactor pattern to avoid the threads. I am
> > using twisted in another part of the application for networking, so I
> > was hoping to use the same for the non-networking part for reusing the
> > reactor pattern.
> >   If somebody can help me on this, it would be very helpful.
>
> Alternatively you could give circuits (1)
> a go. It _can_ be a nice alternative to
> Twisted and isn't necessarily focused on
> Networking applications.
>
> cheers
> James
>
> 1.http://trac.softcircuit.com.au/circuits/

I was unable to see documentation explaining this - so asking again.
Suppose the event handlers in the component is doing blocking work,
how is it handled?
I went through ciruits.core, but was unable to understand exactly how
blocking mechanisms are handled.
My scenario is as follows:
I have 4 loops, 1 small and high priority, 3 quite large and blocking
(takes upto 3 seconds) and comparatively low priority.
The small loops goes through everytime and does some work - and
optionally uses the data sent by the other 3 loops.
I do not want the smaller loop to get blocked by the other loops.

So, if the event handler does blocking work, can that cause the whole
loop to block?