Kottiyath wrote:
   Is it a good idea to use Twisted inside my application, even though
it has no networking part in it?
   Basically, my application needs lots of parallel processing - but I
am rather averse to using threads -

With or without threads, the Python interpreter does not do parallel processing. You could use multiple processes, or a thread could call an extension module that releases Python's global interpreter lock, but Python itself does not offer parallel processing.

due to myraid issues it can cause.
So, I was hoping to use a reactor pattern to avoid the threads.

The reactor pattern describes event-driven I/0, not parallel processing.

--
--Bryan