Richard Riley wrote:

One does not have to by a language maestro to try and assess its
popularity. While his numbers or his reading of the numbers might be
open to some questions, to suggest that one needs to be totally familiar
with a language to determine its popularity is, frankly, ridiculous.

I was not judging his competency. But when I am naive on a subject, I don't usually show off like that. The polemic intents in his previous messages are quite clear (python is slow, py3k is an utter failure because it doesn't solve the whitespace issue, etc), and this thread is not different. It seems like a rehash of issues that have been dragged around here by generations of trolls for the last 10 years.

Sorry for adding noise to the signal :-/