Russ P. a écrit :
On Jan 16, 5:22 am, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com> wrote:
Russ P. wrote:

[...]

I spent *way* too much time on that post. I really need to quit
spending my time refuting the baloney that passes for wisdom here.
He who cannot ignore baloney is doomed to refute it.

Yeah, and I should really learn to leave off those little zingers. If
Mr. D weren't obviously an intelligent person and a Python expert, I
wouldn't care what he writes. I just think that he, along with a few
others here, love Python so much that they refuse to recognize its
limitations. It's an easy trap to fall into.

Python surely has lot of limitations (and quirks and whatever). The point is that not having language-enforced access restrictions is *not* a limitation - because it's *not* the right way to solve the problems you are (very rightfully) concerned with. No technology can solve *human* problems. Anyone trying to make you believe otherwise is selling you snake oil. Once again, there's quite a lot to learn from the story of Ariane 5.