En Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:08:04 -0200, gert <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com> escribió:
On Jan 25, 11:51 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de...@nospam.web.de> wrote:
gert schrieb:

> On Jan 25, 11:16 pm, Дамјан Георгиевски <gdam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end))
>>>http://docs.python.org/library/json.html
>>> What am I doing wrong ?
>> try this
>> v = json.loads('{"test":"test"}')

>> JSON doesn't support single quotes, only double quotes.
> It can not be that hard to support both notation can it ?
It's not hard, but it's not standard-conform.

Most browsers even accept something like this:

{foo : "bar"}

But all of this is not JSON.

Yes it is, you just make it more python dictionary compatible :)

What do you mean? The above is not valid Python.
JSON is whatever the author says it is. And he says "A string is a collection of zero or more Unicode characters, wrapped in double quotes, using backslash escapes".

What is this json person email address so I can ask that he makes a
very small update on his site.

Try http://www.json.org/ -- good luck.

Besides if you can make lightweight versions of standards
http://docs.python.org/library/xml.dom.minidom.html

This is not a lightweight version of XML, but a lightweight version of an API. minidom reads and writes the same valid XML documents.

You can defenatly add lightweight quotes to json.

JSON is ligthweight *already*: "JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange format." Introducing single quoted strings, apart from being incompatible with the previous version, would make parsing more complex.

--
Gabriel Genellina