En Tue, 10 Feb 2009 03:26:20 -0200, Michele Simionato <michele.simion...@gmail.com> escribió:
On Feb 10, 4:29 am, "Gabriel Genellina"

> Honestly, I don't understand how this thing got so much out of
> control. If anyone starts an intelligent question or remark about
> super, this essay is thrown in no matter what. Anyone can explain why?

Because for a very loooooong time (seven years, 2001-2008) super was
almost undocumented. The Library Reference -before release 2.6- only had a   short paragraph, the online documentation referred (and still does) to the   original essay by Guido introducing descriptors, which is inaccurate and
outdated, and then the "... harmful" article was the only source of
information available.

All right. This is way I made the effort of writing a comprehensive
collection of all the tricky points about super
I knew:

You really should push them to be included in python.org, even in their unfinished form. (At least a link in the wiki pages). Their visibility is almost null now.
They're very clearly written - I wish you had published them years ago!

Also see this thread on python-dev about the issue of super
documentation: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/dev/673833

Apart from a few remarks in the first posts, there is little criticism of your articles themselves. Looks like adding a section about Python 3 is the only important pending issue - again, you really should publish the series in a more prominent place.

--
Gabriel Genellina