Ksenia Marasanova wrote:

Thanks!

I've read "Known issues and caveats" on the website:

"""
EmPy was primarily intended for static processing of documents, rather than dynamic use, and hence speed of processing was not the
primary consideration in its design.
"""

Have you noticed any speed problems with EmPy?

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm the author of EmPy.

All I meant by that note was that EmPy was not primarily designed for blazing speed; that is, it could easily be made much more efficient in a lot of ways. I've never had a need to do so, so it's always been low priority. I've certainly never heard of any complaints of EmPy's speed (or lack therefore) as being a problem in the field. Unless you huge realtime demands, I doubt EmPy's speed would be a major impediment. (Of course, if you find that it is, please tell me!)

--
Erik Max Francis && [EMAIL PROTECTED] && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
  A wise man never loses anything if he have himself.