En Tue, 03 Mar 2009 23:11:30 -0200, Fab86 <fabien.h...@gmail.com> escribió:

On Mar 4, 12:00 am, MRAB <goo...@mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
Fab86 wrote:
> On Mar 3, 8:59 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

>> How to "spell" exactly the exception name should appear in the
>> documentation; might be yahoo.SearchError, or yahoo.search.SearchError, or
>> yahoo.errors.SearchError, or similar.

> I have been trying except SearchError: however I get the error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Downloads\MoS\yws-2.12\Python\pYsearch-3.1\timeDelay.py",
> line 19, in <module>
>     except SearchError:
> NameError: name 'SearchError' is not defined

> I have searched all documents for terms along the lines of searcherror
> but am finding nothing..

It's defined in the module you imported to get the search functionality.

I imported:
from yahoo.search.web import WebSearch

However there is nothing re SearchError in that doc or in the .py.

I can only find a reference to SearchError in the __init__ file as a
class called SearchError

The __init__.py indicates a package <http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#packages> You didn't tell the package name (the name of the directory containing __init__.py) so this is somewhat generic. If the package name is foo, use:
from foo import SearchError
If foo is a subpackage under bar, use:
from bar.foo import SearchError

It *might* be:
from yahoo.search.web import WebSearch
or perhaps:
from yahoo.search import WebSearch

You can enter those lines in the interactive interpreter to discover the right form. (This really ought to have been documented)

--
Gabriel Genellina