En Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:16:53 -0200, MRAB <goo...@mrabarnett.plus.com> escribió:
Ian Mallett wrote:
I'd like to make a program that automatically runs on startup (right after login). How should I do that?

Put it in the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Please don't do that, if you care about your users at all, and any of them might use a non-English version of Windows. Programs that put anything in the above location (or install themselves into C:\Program Files, or things like that) are really annoying, and the author is plain stupid.

Any decent installer is able to register a program so it runs on startup (InnoSetup, by example). Anyway, if you want to it it yourself, see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776426(VS.85).aspx

--
Gabriel Genellina