Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
"Mensanator" <mens...@aol.com> wrote:

8< ---------- description of bugs in spaghetti ---------------

Looks like that design really needed sorting out!

A programmer once said to me "Why should I run it, I know
how it works, I wrote it."

Are you serious? In my opinion, anybody who says this is not a programmer,
but merely an arrogant idiot with a lot of misplaced self-
confidence - somewhat like a permanent force corporal.

My reply: "You only THINK you know how it works. _I_, on
the other hand, ACTUALLY know how it works because I've
run it."

How did you manage to keep your reply so meek?
You must be a really well brought up person.
:-)

Possibly because the proper reply was probably, "You only THINK
you know how it works. _I_, on the other hand, know how it behaves,
even if I don't know how it was supposed to work."

--Scott David Daniels
scott.dani...@acm.org