Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
In my defense of the goto, I would like to make clear
that I do not support its use to produce spaghetti.
In general, muddled thinking, coupled with expediency,
is what I think are the true precursors of spaghetti code.
The goto is an innocent tool that can be used for good
or evil.

The goto is a sharp, spiky dangerous tool that seduces
people into thinking of using it far too often.  It should
be used with the same respect you approach beautiful well-
armed people of questionable morals who you find attractive.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.dani...@acm.org