"Peter Dembinski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     Peter> I am trying to write Master Thesis on refactoring Python
>     Peter> code.  Where should I look for information?

As best I remember, there has been little posted here over several years
other than general comments like 'Python makes it easier to refactor'.  So
there is room for you to do something new ;-).

Where to look: if you have not already, read the tutorial, at least chap 2
of the Library Ref, and at least skim the FAQ.  Use Google or whatever for
web searches.  Specifically use Google for searching its archives of
comp.lang.python.  Then ask specific questions here.

>The idea is to define some 'mechanics' for refactoring Python code
>without specialized refactoring browser.  In other words, I want
>to convert Fowler's refactorizations to Python.

> Similar work (or its seeds) is here:
> http://hiper.com.br/python/refactor/index.html

I have not seen this before.  Since he only did chapter 1, I think 'seed'
is the word.

Another specifically helpful reference might be Beck's (author?) book on
Test-Driven Development.  Part 1 uses an example in Java, I believe.  Part
2, I know, uses an example in Python.  There at least used to be a copy
online.

Wishing you an 'A' and hoping to see the result online...
Terry J. Reedy