Hi,

I am trying to write a simple python script to manipulate files and call other programs. I have a program installed (rocs) which I run using cygwin on my XP (but is not in python). Can I run the pyhton script and then call the other program in the same script?

For example:
Python Code  # this line opens a file
Python Code  # this line splits the file into 4 different files
rocs  # this line calls the program 'rocs' to run on the newly formed files
Python Code # this line renames rocs output files and saves them in the right place.

Otherwise, I would have to write two scripts (before and after 'rocs'), and run the 3 scripts/programs separately. I am relatively new to python and don't know a lot about cygwin. Please remember that if you try to answer me :) Thanks!