On 2009-06-09 03:49, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
I was wondering if there is a way to start an interactive shell within a
script/application.
I'm sometimes tired of adding prints to scan the current namespace so
I'd like to pause the execution and give the user the shell prompt.
This is obviously for debugging purpose.

I know that I may use the raw_input and eval the captured text but
honestly, this requires some coding and I won't benefit from the shell
features. Would it be even possible to use a shell like Ipython ?

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/stable/html/interactive/reference.html#embedding-ipython

By the way, if anyone has cunning ways for debugging code to share, he
would be much welcome.

You would do well to learn to use the standard Python debugger:

  http://docs.python.org/library/pdb

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."