On 7/30/2009 9:32 AM, Beldar wrote:
On 30 jul, 15:07, MRAB <pyt...@mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
Beldar wrote:
Hi there!
I have a problem and i'm not very good at regular expressions.
I have a text like "lalala lalala tiruri beldar-is-listening tiruri
lalala" I need a regexp to get the 'beldar' part, the format is
'something-is-listening', i need to get the something part, use it in
my code, and then replace the whole 'something-is-listening' for
another string.
\w+ will match a word and enclosing it in (...) will capture what was
matched:

     m = re.search(r"(\w+)-is-listening", text)
     print "Captured '%s'" % m.group(1)
     print "Matched from %d to %d" % (m.start(), m.end())

Ok, thank you all, it was very helpful!
Wow, I really need to learn more about regexp...
Any tutorials you guys can recommend?

Marcus