Peter Hansen wrote:

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:24:36 +0300, Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou:

I don't know any related myth of anglo-saxon origin to quote.

    The most commonly known phrasing would likely be "God only helps
those who help themselves".

Google suggests that removing the word "only" produces a
phrase many times more commonly known...

And very interesting reading (to spawn another diversion
typical to c.l.p)

OK, I'm seeking to provoke now... why don't you go hijack some other thread?

OK, I'm done seeking to provoke. So, it's official. Perl has *much*, *much* better support for dealing with PDF files than does Python. Hopefully that'll change one day soon. If I had the programming knowledge, I'd get on it right away, but alas I do not so I cannot ;)

Thanks to all who responded on topic.