On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 17:00:40 -0700 (PDT), Carl Banks
<pavlovevide...@gmail.com> wrote:

        I appreciate the response.

        I am executing a statement to retrieve one record at random.

        An example would be: SELECT first, second, third, fourth,
fifth, sixth from sometable order by rand() limit 1

        It would be contained as: stmt = "SELECT first, second, third,
fourth, fifth, sixth from sometable order by rand() limit 1"

        Then I would execute it with the command: cursor.execute(stmt)

        How would I correctly seed the random generator in the MySQL
statement from within Python?

        Regards,

                                                Fred