Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:00:15 +0530, "Thangappan.M"
<thangappan...@gmail.com> declaimed the following in
gmane.comp.python.general:
  File "./setup.py", line 219, in finalize_options
    except (Warning, w):
NameError: global name 'w' is not defined

What would be the solution?
Otherwise can you tell how to install DB-API in debian machine.
        Sorry... 1) I run on WinXP; 2) I don't build packages, relying on
pre-built binaries; 3) I run MySQL.

        However, based upon the examples in the Tutorial, that line should
not have the (, ). A parenthesised (tuple) is suppose to contain a list
of exceptions, and the parameter to catch the exception specifics has to
be outside the list.

        Best I can suggest is editing that particular line and removing the
(, ) -- then try rebuilding.

        I'll also re-ask: All you are installing is the Python adapter to
the database. DO YOU HAVE A RUNNING PostgreSQL server that you can
connect to?

Just to be a bit more explict:
Change file setup.py's line 219 from:
>>     except (Warning, w):
to either (OK in Python 2.6 and greater):
       except Warning as w:
or (works for Python 2.X):
       except Warning, w:

--Scott David Daniels