Maybe the distutils list is more adapted for this question:

The Zope community uses zc.sourcerelease to build rpm
http://www.mail-archive.com/distutils-...@python.org/msg06599.html

Buildout is said to have undocumented features to build packages.

Tarek Ziade is working debian package with 'distribute'.

Cheers,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Olof Bjarnason
<olof.bjarna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I write small games in Python/PyGame. I want to find a way to make a
> downloadable package/installer/script to put on my webpage, especially
> for Ubuntu users.
>
> I've skimmed a couple of tutorials on how to generate .deb-files, but,
> wow, it's a whole new skill set to do that!
>
> Does anyone have any hint on a more economic way of creating
> single-file distribution packages for Python+PyGame projects? Maybe
> some GUI-tool that automates the .deb file creation process, but
> targetting Python specifically and not C++.
>
> /Olof
> --

Rasterization Zion babylon