"Carl Banks" <pavlovevide...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d50bba1e-b272-4e39-8a58-377531278...@z4g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
On Sep 30, 5:24 am, "lallous" <lall...@lgwm.org> wrote:
Hello

After using the PyCObject, I cannot pickle the class anymore.
Any simple solution to this problem? (or resorting to __reduce__ is the only
solution?)

You can't pickle a CObject, you'd have to create a custom type (one
that implements one of the pickling methods) for that.  Or arrange for
whatever object contains the CObject to pack and unpack it manually.

Out of curiosity, what kind of data you storing in this CObject?
Maybe we can help you choose a better way to handle it at the C level.

I am wrapping a C++ pointer with the python object. That way I can tell with which C++ object a given python class instance is associated.

The thing is when developing, I need to pickle but I don't need the C++ pointer, so I solved the problem with conditional compilation:
- testing: pickle allowed and "This" is stored in the py object
- production code: no need to pickle and "this" and "pyobject" are bound

Thanks,
Elias