OdarR wrote:
hello,

* this is not a troll *

which kind of help you have with your favorite editor ?

personnally, I find emacs very nice, in the current state of my
knowledge, when I need to reindent the code.
you know how this is critical in python...:-)

I don't use other python-mode features for the moment, maybe you have
some advices.
I used with success an Xemacs on Solaris, as well as a Aquamacs on
Mac.

For the vi/vim guys, explain us the best features this editor give you
in your py files !

thanks,

Olivier
When opposing vi to emacs, there's is no possibility you get constructive and objective answer, because basically, what can do with one, you can also do it with the other.

Being a vi fan, I can just tell you that emacs is for loosers, and no one will dare to challenge this.

vi/emacs is like choosing between the Celtics or the Lakers, there is no reason for that, the fun part resides in being totally devoted to your choice :o) For my part I never switched to emacs cause I was tired of getting syntax error with ':w' inserted everywhere in my code. Bad habits are sticky.

One feature I have that emacs don't is that I'm able to efficiently edit a file on a remote machine with vim on a terminal (without graphical interface), and I'm using it. Apart from that, both solutions are efficient. I would add that inside a company, it is a good idea to use the same editor as you can share knowledge, macro, plugins and so on.

JM