On Oct 7, 10:44 am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic...@sequans.com>
wrote:
> OdarR wrote:
> > hello,
>
> > * this is not a troll *
>
> > which kind of help you have with your favorite editor ?
>
> > personnally, I find emacs very nice, in the current state of my
> > knowledge, when I need to reindent the code.
> > you know how this is critical in python...:-)
>
> > I don't use other python-mode features for the moment, maybe you have
> > some advices.
> > I used with success an Xemacs on Solaris, as well as a Aquamacs on
> > Mac.
>
> > For the vi/vim guys, explain us the best features this editor give you
> > in your py files !
>
> > thanks,
>
> > Olivier
>
> Being a vi fan, I can just tell you that emacs is for loosers, and no
> one will dare to challenge this.

I concur 100% with this statement.

That said, I like how my install of VIM 'just works' with Python
files, doing a good job of coloring and auto indentation. I don't
like, however, how an arbitrary colon will trigger auto indentation on
the next line. I'm guessing, though, that this is just an issue with
my particular syntax file.

Garrick