On Nov 1, 8:06 am, Saketh <saketh.bhamidip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am proud to announce the release of Pyfora (http://pyfora.org), an
> online community of Python enthusiasts to supplement comp.lang.python
> and #python. While the site is small right now, please feel free to
> register and post any questions or tips you may have.

I'll feel free to not even bookmark it. I'm sorry, but it is just a
bad idea.

Your forum cannot (and should not) compete either with Python's
official newsgroup, IRC channel and mailing list or with popular, well-
made and well-frequented general programming sites like
stackoverflow.com.

It would be the Internet equivalent of looking for a poker tournament
in a desert valley instead of driving half an hour less and going to
Las Vegas: there are no incentives to choose your forum, except
perhaps for isolationists who value being a big fish in a small pond
over being part of a community.

If you want to claim a small Python-related corner of the web, you
should write a blog: if it is any good, and probably even if it isn't,
it would be linked and read by someone and it would add to collective
knowledge instead of fragmenting it.

Regards,
Lorenzo Gatti