On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:58:30 -0000, Daniel Fetchinson <fetchin...@googlemail.com> wrote:

If yes, we are almost there! In our example the request of A only
makes sense if B is making an effort to fragment the community, in
other words, assuming that A tries to make a meaningful request, A is
assuming that B is making an effort to fragment the community.

You are assuming here that B is intending his efforts to do X, and
that A believes this to be the case.  That's the assumption where
your chain of logic fails; it is entirely possible that A's statement
is abridging a chain of logic that B hasn't considered, and that A
is making no assumption of any kind concerning B's intent.

Say hello to the Law of Unintended Consequences.