Hello,

I am noticing a hard crash of the ipython interpreter, with the pylab option, with the turtle module. I am on Win XP, Enthought Edition 6.0.0 which uses Python 2.6. I can't reproduce it without the pylab option, nor on the Mac (with an earlier Enthought Edition). The crash happens only when I try to move the turtle window, after it has drawn. The following commands are enough to give the resulting error.

In [1]: from turtle import *

In [2]: pendown()

In [3]: forward(10)

In [4]: Fatal Python error: PyEval_RestoreThread: NULL tstate

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Any ideas? Of course, I'll use it without the pylab option, but that means that there are two icons I need instead of one. Minor inconvenience for me, but a bit more of a pain for my students.

                thanks,

                        Brian Blais

--
Brian Blais