On Feb 3, 6:40 am, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a short complaint on adminabuseon #pythonircchannel on
> freenode.net.
>
> Here's a log:
>
> 2010-02-02
>
> (12:11:57 PM) The topic for #pythonis: NO LOL |http://pound-python.org/
> | It's too early to usePython3.x | Pasting > 3 lines?
> Pastebin:http://paste.pocoo.org/| Tutorial:http://docs.python.org/tut/|
> FAQ:http://effbot.org/pyfaq/| New Programmer? Readhttp://tinyurl.com/thinkcspy
> | #python.web #wsgi #python-fr #python.de #python-es #python.tw
> #python.pl #python-br #python-jp #python-nl #python-ir #python-
> offtopic
> (12:12:00 PM) _habnabit: pr100, I replaced it with str.startswith,
> actually.
> (12:12:01 PM) jarray52: Jarray
> (12:12:11 PM) _habnabit: jarray52, yes, you are.
> (12:12:16 PM) xahlee: is hash={} and hash.clean() identical?
> (12:12:18 PM) eggy_: OhnoesRaptor: getting sockets (and event loops
> etc) right is quite tricky
> (12:12:21 PM) OhnoesRaptor: I know how to do sockets right eggy, just
> wondering whats up with thepythonverison :D
> (12:12:24 PM) mode (+o dash) by ChanServ
> (12:12:30 PM) You have been kicked by dash: (No.)

G'day,

My name is Stephen Thorne, and my nick on #python is Jerub. dash and I
are both ops on the #python IRC channel.

According to my logs the most recent time I have banned you from
#python was the 16th of June, 2006, when I established that you were
the same troll that posts to this usenet group.

I have no interest in letting you troll #python, and thoroughly
approve of dash's responsible behaviour as a joint custodian of the
#python irc channel. Maintaining a high signal to noise ratio is
difficult, and we appreciate that in this particular case you have
acknowledged that you were made unwelcome in our IRC community and
will endeavour to avoid it in future.

Regards,
Stephen Thorne