On 2010-02-24 13:09 PM, mk wrote:
On 2010-02-24 20:01, Robert Kern wrote:
I will repeat my advice to just use random.SystemRandom.choice() instead
of trying to interpret the bytes from /dev/urandom directly.

Oh I hear you -- for production use I would (will) certainly consider
this. However, now I'm interested in the problem itself: why is the damn
distribution not uniform?

You want "< 234", not "< 235". (234 % 26 == 0), so you get some extra 'a's.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco