On 04/02/2010 03:30 PM, Dan McLeran wrote:
> i'm running python 2.6 on win xp sp3 and i get:

Your code isn't portable to non-Windows OS's.  On my Mac and on my Linux
workstations it simply doesn't work.  Using '/usr/sbin/ifconfig' as the
executable name in Popen does work, however.

The OP didn't state his platform, so we shouldn't assume that a
windows-only solution will work for him may.

Since this list covers the use of many kinds of operating systems, it is
foolish to make assumptions.  This was my point.