On Jul 7, 2010, at 11:26 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:

On 7/7/2010 5:29 AM, geremy condra wrote:
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Terry Reedy<tjre...@udel.edu>  wrote:
On 7/5/2010 9:00 PM, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
On Jul 5, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Chris Rebert wrote:
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Philip Semanchu

I ported two pure C extensions from 2 to 3 and was even able to keep a single C codebase. I'd be willing to contribute my experiences to a
document
somewhere. (Is there a Wiki?)

Indeed there is: http://wiki.python.org/moin/

Thanks. I don't want to appear ungrateful, but I was hoping for
something specific to the 2-to-3 conversion. I guess someone has to
start somewhere...

There is an existing 2to3 and other pages for Python code conversion. I do not know of any for CAPI conversion. The need for such has been acknowledged among the devs but if there is nothing yet, we need someone with specialized experience and a bit of time to make a first draft. If you start one, give it an easy to remember name C2to3? 2to3Capi? You choose. And link to it from
the 2to3 pag
In his post on this thread, Martin Loewis volunteered to list what he knows
from psycopg2 if someone else will edit.

I'm not sure why I don't have this post, but I'm happy to help edit
etc if Martin
wants to put together a rough draft.

Since I wrote that, someone pointed out the the Python How-to collection includes Porting Extension Modules to 3.0 by Benjamim Peterson. So all Pyilip or Martin need to do is read that and suggest additions.

That document is here:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingExtensionModulesToPy3k

It took me a while to find. It's a shame it's not better known; I looked for such a document before I started porting sysv_ipc and posix_ipc and didn't find this one.

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers
Philip