Hi,

Don't use reload, this is nothing but a trap, espacially if your using it to update your objects with the code you are writting.

JM

I've found "reload" very usable for development in IDLE. IDLE memorizes
my input, and the variables I assign output to. If restart IDLE I lose
it all and start over. That is an awfully awkward alternative to
"reload", an alternative I wouldn't consider.
   I found "reload" tricky with several modules, because all
dependencies need to be updated and which way they go isn't always
obvious. Reloading all modules in the right order works for me. The
reload commands come up with Alt-P as long, precisely, as I don't
restart IDLE.

Instead of writing your test code in the IDLE shell, write it into a file, an run this file in IDLE (from the IDLE file edit window hit F5). That way restarting from the begining is costless.

If you insist on using reload, then you've already been given helpful answers, understanding the import model is always a good thing anyway :)

JM