On 10/11/10 11:44 AM, Jason Swails wrote:

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Robert Kern <robert.k...@gmail.com
<mailto:robert.k...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 10/11/10 8:44 AM, Jason Swails wrote:

        On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Andreas Waldenburger
        <use...@geekmail.invalid>
        wrote:

        <mailto:mailman.1417.1286438621.29448.python-l...@python.org>
        <mailto:mailman.1417.1286438621.29448.python-l...@python.org
        <mailto:mailman.1417.1286438621.29448.python-l...@python.org>>>,

         > Emile van Sebille wrote:
         >
         > > Oh come now -- isn't being lazy a primary programmer's attribute?
         >
         > I wonder if that’s why more men are good at it than women...

            You may want to think about whether this really was your intended
            meaning.

        Sure it was -- men are lazy; programmers are primarily lazy; explains
why
        programmers are predominantly men (for the time being, at least).  Made
        perfect
        sense to me.

    That's quite a different statement than "men are more good at it than
women".

Since when have programmers argued semantics/syntax?

It's *all* we argue about. That, and tabs vs. spaces.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco