Hello all

Would you consider a "not so intelligent move" for a newsbie to Python to have maybe version 2.7 and 3.x (if that's possible to be running together on the same machine) to have them run and be learning mainly in 2.7 and see differences in 3.x? In my case I am interested mainly in web applications with a database and if possible being accesing dbase since a projects still runs a big system under dbase format, or definitely stay with 2.7 for a while until most in migrate it t o 3.x?

Thanks in advance
Jorge Biquez

At 05:21 p.m. 29/10/2010, geremy condra wrote:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Braden Faulkner <brad...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be safe to say that 2.6 would be even better for beginners than?

Let me just come out with a contrary point of view before you go down
that path. If you're seriously considering using sqlite, then you may
be just as well off using Python3 as 2.7 or 2.6- it's in all of the
above, and Python3 is a big cleanup over previous versions of the
language.

Geremy Condra