I'm trying to multiprocess my python code to take advantage of multiple cores. I've read the module docs for threading and multiprocessing, and I've done some web searches. All the examples I've found are too simple: the processes take simple inputs and compute a simple value. My problem involves lots of processes, complex data structures, and potentially lots of results. It doesn't map cleanly into a Queue, Pool, Manager or Listener/Client example from the python docs.

Instead of explaining my problem and asking for design suggestions, I'll ask: is there a compendium of realistic Python multiprocessing examples somewhere? Or an open source project to look at?

Thanks,
-Tom