On 1/17/2011 10:57 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
Terry Reedy<tjre...@udel.edu>  writes:

On 1/17/2011 8:59 PM, Flávio Lisbôa wrote:
But that's me, i'm sure most of python users don't mind at all.

Seems so. Complaints are rare.

That conclusion isn't valid; the behaviour is (AIUI) only in Python 3.2
and later. You can't presume that a lack of complaints means anything
about “most Python users” until those users are on a Python that shows
this behaviour.

The person I was responding to was complaining, I believe, about .pyc files in the project directory, which I take to be the same directory as .py files. This is the 21-year-old behavior now changed.

--
Terry Jan Reedy