On 24-Jan-11 12:38 PM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
santosh hs wrote:
Hi All,
i am beginner to python please tell me which is the best available
reference for beginner to start from novice

Hi,

You could have searched the archive, this question was raised many times.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntroductoryBooks

I read "Learning Python" when I started. Since it's the only one I read
I cannot tell you which one is the best (if there is).
Python is easy to learn, I'm not sure it's possible to write a bad book
about it.

JM

I liked Alex Martelli's Python in a nutshell, but it's a bit dated now.

Colin W.