RR, you idiot. Did you -not- read that I was blind and using a screen reader? And wasn't it -you- yelling at someone about reading and comprehention?
On 1/24/2011 12:34 PM, MRAB wrote:
On 24/01/2011 18:48, rantingrick wrote:
On Jan 24, 12:21 pm, "Littlefield, Tyler"<ty...@tysdomain.com>  wrote:

[...snip: good discussion...]

  Rather, I believe
those pushing accessibility should concentrate on the root cause; that
of fixing TKInter, and not forcing everyone else to use a different library.

Now you go too far!

And this is an ironic position from someone who supports the stdlib
GUI that IS forced on us by default. Sure you can choose a different
library, but in the case of a user (and accessibility is a big USER
concern when that user is handicapped!) the library is already chosen
(Tkinter:which does not support accessibility) by the developer . I
can also argue that Tkinter's inclusion in the stdlib is proliferating
non-compliance with accessibility. I'll bet you would not park in a
handicap spot however you support a GUI library that ignores handicap
people? IRONIC!

I believe that the approach is the main key here, and I have had this
argument many times. If I wrote an app, and someone said something along
the lines of "you need to change a core library because it doesn't work
with this program," my first response would be who the hell are you to
say what I need to use?

Well these people you are chastising are disabled people. Who the hell
are YOU to be high and mighty about it? I guess these "disabled"
people get what they deserve huh! Maybe we should just do the world a
favor and exterminate them like the Nazis? That way we don't have to
cater to their selfish needs!

[snip]
I'd like to invoke Godwin's law at this point.

--

Thanks,
Ty