On 2011-01-31 17:17:06 -0500, Kevin Walzer said:

It certainly would be interesting to see a fresh approach to IDLE, and I
think the scope of such a project would be much easier for a single
person to manage than would replacing Tkinter in the stdlib with another
GUI toolkit, such as wxPython, or pyGUI, or something else. I'd
encourage you to set up a project page somewhere, begin cutting some
code, and then invite feedback from other users and/or developers. I
think that approach has a much better chance of getting off the ground
and making progress than long threads on c.l.py.

Good luck!

--Kevin

I think it would be interesting as well. Hmmmm, I am about to do the O'Reilly series that Steve Holden did for Python. Maybe I will take that up as a project when I get through it (or...*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* to Rick, help out if someone else does a fork).

--
Robert