Rickard Lindberg, 09.02.2011 14:01:
Did you read my reply?

Sorry, it was me who failed to read your question properly.

Unicode file names aren't really working well, especially not in Py2.x.
Python 3.2 provides many improvements here.

I assume your file system encoding is UTF-8? What does
sys.getfilesystemencoding() give you?

My getfilesystemencoding() returns utf-8.

Ok, same here. I tried it with Python 3.1.2 and it works for me.

So I think the right work-around for you in Python 2 is to encode the file name using whatever "sys.getfilesystemencoding()" returns.

And I agree with Chris Rebert that you should open a bug against the sax package in Python 2.7 on the bug tracker.

Stefan