On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 18:04:48 +0100, Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:

Of the two, I like the StackOverflow option better -- but keep in mind that at this moment, about 6,600 unanswered Python questions remain. (I've made it to page 23 of 132 over the last week.) Getting an answer upvoted can be pretty hit-and-miss.

The other thing that may affect this is that anything posted to SE is subject to the Creative Commons license. This may be an issue for academic purposes, I don't know. (It's certainly an issue when you come across J*ff!)