En Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:29:24 -0300, Andrea Gavana <andrea.gav...@gmail.com> escribió:

Let's say I am using a package called "blah", and this package is already
installed on site-packages (and I need it to be there) with a name
"blah-1.2-win". In the site-packages folder, there is a pth file called
"blah.pth" which contains this line:

blah-1.2-win

To redirect Python to the correct folder when I type "import blah". Anyway,
now I am developing another version of this package and it's called
"blah-2.0-win", and it sits on my computer into a different folder (not on
site-packages, on an entire different drive in reality). How can I tell
Python *not* to use the version inside site-packages but to use the other
one in my development folder (without touching the pth file in
site-packages, of course)?

From Python 2.6 on, there is a per user site-packages directory, which is searched before the global one. See:

http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.6.html#pep-370-per-user-site-packages-directory

You could put your developing version on that directory.

In Python 2.5 and earlier, if you have to PREPEND a directory to sys.path, you may set the PYTHONPATH environment variable, or edit the site.py standard module. This may be fine in your development environment, but I would never do that in production.

--
Gabriel Genellina