On 15.2.2012 18:48, Tim Arnold wrote:
Just a note to encourage you to stick with XSLT. I also use lxml for
creating and postprocessing my DocBook documents and it is great. But I
use the DocBook XSL stylesheets to convert to html; if you're like me,
you got discouraged at the strangeness of the XSLT language.

No, the strangness is not that bad (well, it is bad ... almost anything feels bad comparing to Python, to be honest, but not the reason I would give up; after all I spent couple of years with Javascript).

The terrible debugging is one thing, and even worse, I just still cannot get over rules around spaces: whitespace just jumps at me randomly in random places and is erased in others.

Matěj