On 17/07/12 19:18, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 17/07/2012 18:29, Ethan Furman wrote:
Terry Reedy wrote:
On 7/17/2012 10:23 AM, Lipska the Kat wrote:

Well 'type-bondage' is a strange way of thinking about compile time
type
checking and making code easier to read (and therefor debug

'type-bondage' is the requirement to restrict function inputs and
output to one declared type, where the type declaration mechanisms are
usually quite limited.

>>> def max(a, b):
if a <= b: return a
return b

Surely you meant 'if a >= b: . . .'

No worries, I'm sure your unittests would have caught it. ;)

~Ethan~

Wouldn't the compiler have caught it before the unittests? :-)

Not unless the compiler could read your mind!
The syntax looks fine it's the semantics that are suspect. Wrong is a word that I try not to use as it tends to upset people, let's call them "differently right" ;-)

BTW having more than one return statement in a block is a little thing I know but it drives me nuts ... another "Pythonic" thing I'll have to get used to I suppose.

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, Sandbox destroyer
and Farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun.