On 8/25/2012 10:17 AM, Alex wrote:

Yes, that appears to be the issue I was talking about and is, in fact,
one of the threads I had looked at before posting here. Of course, I
didn't pay enough attention to the dates. I see the most recent posting
on the issue appears to have been made in January of this year, so I
should have realized it's an ongoing issue.

There have also been a few posts this year on the idle-sig mail list.

There are only a few people working on IDLE and we have concentrated this calendar year on fixing crashers, not semi-aesthetic issues.

--
Terry Jan Reedy