On 23/09/2012 16:50, Stefan Behnel wrote:
Roy Smith, 23.09.2012 16:02:
Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:
I have run recently a benchmark of a trivial 'hello world' application for
various python web frameworks (bottle,�django, flask, pyramid, web.py,
wheezy.web) hosted in uWSGI/cpython2.7 and gunicorn/pypy1.9... you might find
it interesting:

http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/python-fastest-web-framework.html

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

That's a nice comparison, thanks for posting it.

One thing that's worth pointing out, however, is that in a real world
application, as long as you're using something halfway decent, the speed
of the framework is probably not going to matter at all.  It's much more
likely that database throughput will be the dominating factor.

Yes, that makes the comparison (which may or may not be biased towards his
own engine) a bit less interesting. Worth keeping this in mind:

http://www.codeirony.com/?p=9

Stefan

I'd like to say thanks for the link but unfortunately for me, but good news for you (plural), is that I've bust a gut laughing out loud, so I won't :)

Oh alright then thanks for the link.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.