On 02/11/2013 06:00 AM, inshu chauhan wrote:
In the programme below I am trying to read two csv format files and process
them and write a new file with some of theirs data.

import csv
f1_reader = csv.reader(open(r"Z:\Weka
work\Feature_Vectors_Fullset_00.arff"))
f2_reader = csv.reader(open(r"Z:\Weka
work\Feature_Vectors_Fullset_00_noxy+class.arff"))
nf = open(r"Z:\Weka work\classified_image00_withoutxy.arff", "w")

while True:
     l1 = f1_reader.next()
     while len(l1) != 12:
         l1 = f1_reader.next()
     l2 = f2_reader.next()
     while len(l2) != 11:
         l2 = f2_reader.next()

     ix = l1[0].strip()
     iy = l1[1].strip()
     classification = l2[8].strip()

     print >> nf, ix, iy, classification

nf.close()

This programme is giving me this error now :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "Z:\Weka work\final_image_classificationwithoutxy.py", line 16, in
<module>
     l2 = f2_reader.next()
StopIteration

what could be a possible reason to StopIteration ???

I checked the syntax and usage of this module looks alright to me , but
then why this error ?

That's not an error, it's just a normal way to end a for-loop. If you were using a syntax like:
  for item in f2_reader:

the StopIteration would simply end the loop. Since you're doing it manually, you have to handle the exception yourself.

--
DaveA