On 2013-02-21 21:26, Piterrr wrote:
Hi folks. I am a long time C sharp dev, just learning Python now due
to job requirements. My initial impression is that Python has got to
be the most ambiguous and vague language I have seen to date. I have
major issues with the fact that white space matters. How do you deal
with this? For example, you open a source file in different editors
and the indentation levels change even though i only have spaces, no
tabs (compare Windows Notepad and Notepad++). Which editor do you
trust? In addition, code is difficult to read because you cannot lay
it out in easily discernable blocks. For example, I always tend to
indent a full 'if' statement block so that it is easier to see where
the if block starts and ends. Can't do that in Python. What is even
more frustrating is that Python is inconsistent with its syntax. For
example, when I write "if (myVariable != 0):" then this is OK but
"for (i in intAry):" results in syntax error. Apparently Python has
problems with my use of parentheses. How retarded. I think I will
rather find another job than eat my nerves with Python. Any comments
on this before I quit my job?

Python isn't C#. It has a different syntax.

Pascal isn't C# either.

Pascal would accept:

    if (myVariable <> 0) then

and reject:

    for (i := 0 to 9) do

As for the indentation, it shouldn't change if you're using only spaces
(not unless you're using a proportional font!).