On 25/02/2013 00:08, piterrr.dolin...@gmail.com wrote:
For example (I believe it's already been mentioned) "declaring" intX with some
integer value does *nothing* to maintain

X as an integer:

--> intX = 32

--> intX = intX / 3.0

--> intX

10.6666666666

Yes I did see that it is possible to redefine the type of a variable. But I
don't think I would ever do this intentionally; need to be really careful with
Python.

Peter

Yes this is a big downside with Python. Sadly it means us poor Python programmers have to waste a lot of time and effort testing our code, unlike those who use statically typed languages which work perfectly once they've been compiled.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence